Title of course: FIRST AID AND ADULT CPR/AED
Course Description: Superior training to improve CPR and AED skills retention. This CPR and AED course prepares the layperson to respond to choking, breathing and cardiac emergencies—and how to use an automated external deﬁ brillation unit in conjunction with CPR. This NSC® course meets the current CPR and ECC Guidelines using a combination of instructor, Video-Self-Instruction and hands-on training.
Topics include but not limited to: Class will cover the following Site Safety Training (SST):
- Taking action in an emergency
- Assessing the victim
- Provide basic life support, including airway management, breathing and circulation
- Using an AED
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for the course. Students must speak the language in which the course is given.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- become generally familiar with terms, equipment and procedures associated with first aid and CPR.
- to recognize when they or other workers are experiencing a medical emergency
- learn the regulatory requirements for the use of and administration of first aid and CPR
CEU’s: not applicable
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components which include power point presentations, lectures, real life case studies, class discussions and hands on demonstrations.
Course Duration: 5 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the training. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.