Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness Training Course (ASMEP)
3 RCNY 113-02/113-06, ACTIVE SHOOTER AND MEDICAL EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COURSE
This Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness Training Course Curriculum provides a general guidance to Fire and Life Safety (FLS) Director and the building owners to mitigate the damage or injuries resulting from active shooter and medical emergency incidents occurred in high-rise buildings.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
- Current FSD, FS/EAPD, and the new FLS Director applicants
- All current F-58/F-25/F-59 C of F holders
- The F-58/F-25 and F-59 will be no longer renewable or issued.
- New applicants who passed on-site exams to receive their FSD or FLSD Certificate of Fitness card.
NEW QUALIFICATION CRITERIA REQUIREMENTS WILL BE IMPLEMENTED.
- All current FS/EAP Directors will be required to complete the course and pass the graduation test administered at the school by 09/04/17.
- Current active FS/EAP Directors will receive the new FLS Director C of F after completing the course. No FDNY CBT or on-site exam is required.
- All current FS Directors will be required to complete the course (by 09/04/17). They must pass the graduation test administered at the school.
COURSE LENGTH: 5 hours
PREREQUISITES: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
COURSE MATERIALS: This course consists of several different components which include power point presentations, lecture, real life case studies, class discussions. Additional Handouts:
- FDNY STUDY MATERIAL - Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness Training Course
- Class Exercise and Discussion for Active Shooter Cases Handout
- FDNY Application assistance will be provided to all students
- Preparation and training for an active shooter situation
- Building preparedness
- Preparing responses during active shooter incidents in different occupancies
- Active shooter emergency responses
- Recommended resources
- Interacting with police officers
- Real case discussion
- Medical emergency response
- Medical emergency scenario
COURSE POLICY: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the course. Upon successful class completion, students will receive a certificate of class completion from CITY SAFETY TRAINING ACADEMY (CSTA)
ATTENDANCE POLICY: Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.