8-Hour Suspended Scaffold Refresher
Course Description: To continue to be designated by a Special Rigger to supervise suspended scaffold use in New York City (NYC), an individual must successfully complete this 8-Hour Suspended Scaffold refresher training course every four-years after completing the 32-Hour Suspended Scaffold supervisor Course.
- Basic rigging and hoisting principles.
- Safety instruction, hazards, use of tools from heights.
- OSHA, NYC Department of Buildings (DOB) Rules and Regulations, Building Code.
- Hands-on training with fall protection, knot tying, wire rope termination, self- rescue, connections, block and tackle, etc.
- Suspended scaffold erection, dismantling and use.
- Inspection, record keeping and logbooks.
- Motor operation, accidents and emergency procedures.
- Protections to be installed.
Pre-requisites: Must possess a 32-Hour Suspended Scaffold Supervisor card.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize hazards with suspended scaffolds.
- Implement hazard mitigation, emergency procedures, means and methods.
- Identify permit requirements and NYC laws relating to the use of suspended scaffolds.
- Understand fall protection and how to deploy equipment.
- Know how to inspect a suspended scaffold, wire rope, tie-backs and equipment.
- Correctly use and operate suspended scaffold motors including emergency controls.
- Install, operate and tie-off rope scaffolds using back hitch and night hitch.
- Install vertical lifelines, chaffing protection and knots.
- Calculate weights of materials and recognize load ratings.
- Correctly name and use rigging hardware, shackles, fist grips, turnbuckles, parapet clamps, etc.
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components including a PowerPoint presentation, lecture, case studies, class discussions and hands on demonstrations. We will provide a student manual which will include all relevant written standards.
Course Duration: 8 hours of training (not including class breaks).
For additional information, please contact us at 212-683-7200 or email@example.com.