8-Hour Supported Scaffold Installer and Remover Refresher
Purpose: This course is a requirement for an individual to maintain his/her designation as a Supported Scaffold Installer & Remover in New York City.
NYC Requirement: To continue to install or remove Supported Scaffolds in New York City, an individual must successfully complete this 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer & Remover Refresher training course four years following the completion of the 32- Hour Supported Scaffold Installer and Remover Course & every four years thereafter.
Duration: 8 Hours of instructional time, excluding breaks & meals
Course Content Outline but not limited to:
- General Overview of Scaffolding
- Supported Scaffold Accidents
- OSHA 1926 Overview
- NYC Construction Codes Overview
- NYC Department of Buildings Overview
- General Principles of Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment & Fall Arrest Systems
- Supported Scaffold Erection/Dismantling Planning
- Supported Scaffold Use 10. Rejection Criteria for Equipment & Hardware
- Safety Checklists: Pre-Start, Erection & Dismantling
- Emergency Situations & Preparedness Procedures
- Access & Working Platforms
- Guys, Ties & Braces
- Tubular Welded Frame Scaffolds
- Specific Regulations & Standards
- Components & Parts Inspection
- Erection/Dismantling Planning
- Guys, Ties & Braces Hands-On
- Fall Protection, Accident Prevention & General Safety
- Access & Platforms
- Review of all Training Topics Discussion with Questions & Answers
- Written Assessment Classroom
Attendance Policy: Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities. Make-up time is not permitted for this training course.
THE TRAINING INSTITUTE OF SITE SAFETY, LLC staff will be available to students and respond to any of their needs prior to, during, or after each training event. You may contact Maria Diaz Director of Training Development at 212-683-7200 during normal business hours or at 646-639-6062 after hours and on weekends.
You can also email Training at firstname.lastname@example.org.