Title of course: 8-Hour Supported Scaffold Installer and Remover Refresher
Course Description: To continue to install or remove Supported Scaffolds in New York City, an individual must successfully complete this 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer & Remover Refresher training course four years following the completion of the 32- Hour Supported Sca
- NYC Construction Codes Overview
- NYC Department of Buildings Overview
- General Principles of Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment & Fall Arrest Systems
- Supported Scaffold Erection/Dismantling Planning
- Supported Scaffold Use 10. Rejection Criteria for Equipment & Hardware
- Safety Checklists: Pre-Start, Erection & Dismantling
- Emergency Situations & Preparedness Procedures
- Access & Working Platforms
- Guys, Ties & Braces
- Tubular Welded Frame Scaffolds
- Specific Regulations & Standards
- Components & Parts Inspection
- Erection/Dismantling Planning
- Guys, Ties & Braces Hands-On
- Fall Protection, Accident Prevention & General Safety
Pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Current licensed Site Safety Managers, Coordinators and Superintendants looking to renew their license. First time Construction Superintendent applicants applying for license.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Identify the types, Nomenclature and Definitions of a Scaffold
- Understand the different types of fall protection needed when working on a scaffold
- Understand the permit requirements needed in order to comply with Chapter 33 or the Building Code.
- Discuss and identity common supported scaffold hazards
- Classify the Federal and City Scaffold regulations
- Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision-making
- Develop a basic knowledge of how to safely install and remove supported scaffold equipment.
- Discuss differences between New York City Building Code and OSHA scaffolding regulations.
Course Materials: There are no pre-requisites for the course. Students must speak the language in which the course is given.
Course Duration: 8 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the training. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.