Title of course: 8 HOUR - SPECIAL RIGGER LICENSE RENEWALS
Course Description: This course is a renewal requirement for the holder of a NYC Special Riggers license. NYC Requirement: To renew a New York City Special Rigger license, licensees will need to complete 8 hours of training.
Topics include but not limited to: Class will cover the following Site Safety Training (SST):
- NYC Fire Code
- Fire Safety Plans
- Inspections and record keeping
- Training on ﬁre extinguishers
- Testing ﬁre protection equipment
- Hot work requirements
- Construction site provisions and ﬁre safety requirements
- Certiﬁcate of Fitness requirements for Fire Safety Manager
Pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training. It is also recommended that students have experience in rigging operations, supervision and use of suspended scaffold systems.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Learn how to navigate the New York City Department of Buildings website to select appropriate Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins and applications.
- Differentiate between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New YorkCity.
- Apply 1 RCNY 104-20, 1 RCNY 104-21, 1 RCNY 104-22
- Identify rigging equipment and its hazards
- Discuss Common causes of accidents with cranes and Rigging
- Identify unsafe conditions in the use of load binders
- Develop emergencies procedures during scaffold incidents
- Inspect rigging hardware and recognize unacceptable conditions
- Explain the proper use and limitations of the various rigging equipment and hardware (wire rope, synthetic slings, shackles, eye bolts, hooks, etc.)
- Explain safe working practices to consider when performing hoisting and rigging.
- State the proper hand signals used during lifting operations.
- Recognize Suspension Methods & Setup
- Calculate Mathematics of rigging, measurement, symbols, geometry, calculations, leverage, friction, fulcrum, center of gravity, uniform and concentrated loading
Course Duration: 8 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the training. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.