Title of course: 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher Syllabus
Course Description: This NYC DOB Approved 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher is a requirement for the holder of a NYC Department of Buildings Site Safety Manager or Site Safety Coordinator Certificate.
Topics include but not limited to: Class will cover the following Site Safety Training (SST):
- Introduction to Site Safety Management
- Construction Site Accidents
- OSHA 1926 Overview
- NYC Codes Overview
- NYC Building Code – Chapter 33
- Jobsite Safety Violations
Pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Current licensed Site Safety Managers, Coordinators and Superintendants looking to renew their license. First time Construction Superintendent applicants applying for license.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Learn how to navigate the New York City Department of Buildings website to select appropriate Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins and applications.
- Identify the rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious construction accidents in New York City.
- Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision-making.
- Differentiate between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New York City.
- Identify rigging equipment and its hazards
- Discuss Common causes of accidents with cranes and Rigging
- Read Loading Charts and Develop skills necessary to understand rigging calculations
- Perform Inspections of Cranes and Ropes
- Identify critical picks and check rigging paperwork
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components which include power point presentations, lectures, real life case studies, class discussions and hands on demonstrations. We will provide a student manual which will include Chapter 33 of the Building Code.
Course Duration: 8 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the training. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.