Title of course: 8 - HOUR PRESCRIBED COURSE FOR SUPERVISORS (SST)
CLICK HERE FOR 8 - HOUR PRESCRIBED COURSE FOR SUPERVISORS (SST) - Live Remote Instructor-Led
Course Description: This course is a specialized elective course that can help fulfill the requirement for an individual applying for a Site Safety Training Card. THIS IS AN AWARENESS- LEVEL TRAINING ONLY and does not provide any other qualification or authorization outside of the Site Safety Training Card.
Topics include but not limited to: Class will cover the following Site Safety Training (SST)::
- 2-Hour Site Safety Plan (SSP)
- 2-Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- 2-Hour Pre-Task Meeting
- 2-Hour ‘Tool Box’ Talks
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for the course. Students must speak the language in which the course is given.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- become generally familiar with plans and site safety plans
- recognize issues with a site safety plan
- learn the purpose and proper presentation of pre-task meetings
- become aware of administrative regulatory requirements associated pre-task meetings and record keeping standards.
- become familiar with Toolbox Talks as a quick and easy way for competent persons to reinforce and supplement established training efforts of and employer and keep safety and health compliance at the forefront of all workers minds.
- aware of the need for effective tool box talks
- Demonstrate how to obtain feedback from workers when providing toolbox talks so the talks can become more relevant to what tasks workers are performing.
- Demonstrate how effective toolbox talks can increase camaraderie, communication and overall jobsite culture
- become generally familiar with adverse effects of drug and alcohol in the workplace.
- recognize problems associated with substance dependency.
Course Duration: 8 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the training. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.