Title of course: NYC DOB APPROVED 8-HOUR MASTER RIGGER RENEWAL
Course Description: To renew a New York Master Rigger license, licensees must successfully complete 8 hours of training.
Topics include but not limited to: Class will cover the following Site Safety Training (SST):
- Basic Building Structure
- Maintenance and Repair of Cranes and Ropes
- Crane Setup
- Reading Plans
- Operating Cranes
- Reading Load Charts
- Lifting & Lowering Loads
- Operational Aids and Safety Devices
- Crane & Derrick Safety Protocols & Emergency Procedures
- Crane Assembly, Jumping & Disassembly
- Rigging Requirements
- General Construction Site Hazards
Pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training. It is also recommended that students have experience in rigging operations, supervision and use of suspended scaffold systems.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Learn how to navigate the New York City Department of Buildings website to select appropriate Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins and applications.
- Identify the rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious construction accidents in New York City.
- Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision-making.
- Differentiate between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New YorkCity.
- Identify rigging equipment and its hazards
- Discuss Common causes of accidents with cranes and Rigging
- Read Loading Charts and Develop skills necessary to understand rigging calculations
- Perform Inspections of Cranes and Ropes
- Identify critical picks and check rigging paperwork
Course Duration: 8 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the training. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.