Title of course: 8-HOUR FDNY CONSTRUCTION SITE FIRE SAFETY MANAGER (CSFSM)
Course Description: Course Description: This course includes introduction to the Fire Code and Fire Department Rules, including their organization and terminology, Fire Code construction site provisions (FC Chapter 14 and 3 RCNY Chapter 14), Chapter 14, Section 1408., and all construction site fire safety requirements, as set forth in 3 RCNY 1401(c) Upon conclusion of training, all participants who successfully pass the course exam will receive a certificate of completion and verification letter for Construction Site Fire Safety Manager Training that I required prior to applying for the FDNY exam.
Topics include but not limited to: Class will cover the following Site Safety Training (SST):
- NYC Fire Code
- Fire Safety Plans
- Inspections and record keeping
- Training on ﬁre extinguishers
- Testing ﬁre protection equipment
- Hot work requirements
- Construction site provisions and ﬁre safety requirements
- Certiﬁcate of Fitness requirements for Fire Safety Manager
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for the course. Students must speak the language in which the course is given.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Evaluate the difference between the, FDNY, Standards, OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of the New York City (NYC) Building Code (BC)
- Determine New York City specific fire safety issues.
- Apply All construction site fire safety requirements, as set forth in 3 RCNY 1401-01(c).
- Identify the construction site fire safety requirements and responsibilities of the fire safety manager
- Apply safe work practices by complying with the Fire Code and Fire Department Rules, including their organization
Course Duration: 8 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the training. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.