Title of course: 8-Hour Concrete Safety Manager Refresher
Course Description: To renew a Concrete Safety Manager Certificate the applicant must complete & submit to the Licensing Unit - a certificate of completion for 8 hours of training as mandated by - the 2008 NYC Construction Codes, Building Code Chapter 33 §3310.9.1 Concrete Safety Manager; Local Law 40-2008; Title 1 of Rules of the City of New York – Section 3310-02 Concrete Safety Managers; Chapter 100 Administration Subchapter D Licensing & Registration of Businesses, Trades & Occupations engaged in Building Work §104-06 Continuing Education Requirements.
Topics include but not limited to: Class will cover the following Site Safety Training (SST):
- Introduction to Concrete Safety Management
- Concrete Construction Site Accidents
- NYC Concrete Safety Manager Certification Requirement
- OSHA 1926 Overview
- NYC Codes Overview
- NYC Department of Buildings Overview
- NYC Department of Transportation (DOT)
- NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- Concrete Construction & Stripping Operations
- Concrete Inspection Operations
- Rigging, Scaffold, Hoisting, Lift, & Crane Operations
- Site Safety Plan Requirements for Concrete
- Safety Protocols for Concrete
- Jobsite Concrete Safety Violations
- Safe Use of Concrete Tools on the Jobsite
- Reoccurring Jobsite Concrete Safety Problems
- Jobsite Emergency Situations & Preparedness Procedures
Pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training. It is also recommended that students have experience in rigging operations, supervision and use of suspended scaffold systems.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Learn and apply the 2008 NYC Construction Codes, Building Code Chapter 33 §3310.9.1 Concrete Safety
- Manager; Local Law 40-2008 and Title 1 of Rules of the City of New York – Section 3310-02 Concrete Safety Managers
- Identify rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious concrete construction accidents in New York City.
- Demonstrate the reasons for New York City safety rules on concrete projects.
- Illustrate New York City specific hazards for concrete construction and the control methods for those hazards.
Course Duration: 8 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the training. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.