Course Title: 7-Hour Master Plumber & Master Fire Suppression Piping Contractor Renewal
Course Required for: Licensee Continuing Education
Purpose: This course is a requirement for a Master Plumber or Master Fire Suppression Piping Contractor to maintain his/her license to work in New York City.
Duration: 7 Hours of instructional time, excluding breaks & meals.
NYC Requirement: To renew a NYC Master Plumber or Master Fire Suppression Piping Contractor license, the applicant must complete this course & submit a certificate of completion to the Licensing Unit for 7 hours of training as mandated by Title 1 of the Rules of the City of NY §104-06 Continuing Education requirements.
Class topics include but not limited to:
- Introduction to Plumbing & Fire Suppression Piping
- OSHA 1926 Overview - Safety & Health Regulations for Construction
- NYC Construction Codes Overview - cover all applicable codes, rules, related department policy statements, regulatory notices, bulletins & memos including:
- Construction Codes 2014
- Building Code 2014
- Plumbing Code 2014
- Fuel Gas Code 2014
- Mechanical Code 2014
- NYC Fire Code 2014 - Chapter 14 Fire Safety during Construction, Alteration & Demolition
- NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Rules
- NYC Department of Buildings Overview - Administrative standard operating procedures, policy & procedure notices permits/department notifications, forms, filing & site documents, plans, inspection checklists/logs and wind & weather advisories
- Plumbing & Fire Suppression Piping Business Practices
- Plumbing & Fire Suppression Piping Jobsite Safety
- Plumbing & Fire Suppression Hazards
- Plumbing & Fire Suppression Piping New Technology
- Plumbing & Fire Suppression Piping Violations