Title of course: 4 - HOUR RESPIRABLE CRYSTALLINE SILICA AWARENESS IN CONSTRUCTION
Course Description: OSHA’s §1926.1153 Respirable Crystalline Silica and related OSHA standards. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has issued a final rule to curb lung cancer, silicosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and kidney disease in America's workers by limiting their exposure to respirable crystalline silica. The rule is comprised of two standards, one for Construction and one for General Industry and Maritime.
Topics include but not limited to:
- OSHA’s Crystalline Silica Rule: Construction
- Who is affected by the construction standard?
- Review §1926.1153 Respirable crystalline silica.
- Identifying the materials and tasks that create silica hazards.
- The dust-generating operations that will be undertaken and how the employer plans to control the dust (the silica control plan).
- Working safely with silica, including proper use of equipment, protective clothing, and appropriate hygiene practices.
- The identity of the competent person designated by the employer to implement the silica control plan and inspect the job site, materials and equipment.
- The purpose and description of the medical surveillance program.
- OSHA’s Crystalline Silica Rule: General Industry and Maritime
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for the course. Students must speak the language in which the course is given.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Explain what respirable crystalline silica is and the health hazards associated with it
- Recognize employer responsibilities and employee rights under the standard on respirable crystalline silica
CEU’s: Not applicable
Course Duration: 4 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Complete class syllabus will be distributed during class. Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the course. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.