Title of course: 30-HOUR MASTER RIGGER
Course Description: This course is a Licensing requirement for all applicants for a Master Rigger license. To apply for a New York Master Rigger license, all applicants must successfully complete 30 hours of training.
Topics include but not limited to:
- NYC Construction Codes Overview
- NYC Transit Authority Overview
- Basic Building Structure
- Maintenance and Repair of Cranes and Ropes
- Crane Setup
- Reading Plans
- Operating Cranes
- Reading Load Charts
- Lifting & Lowering Loads
- Operational Aids and Safety Devices
- Crane & Derrick Safety Protocols & Emergency Procedures
- Crane Assembly, Jumping & Disassembly
- Rigging Requirements
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for the course. Students must speak the language in which the course is given.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Learn how to navigate the New York City Department of Buildings website to select appropriate Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins andapplications.
- Identify the rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious construction accidents in New York City.
- Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision-making.
- Differentiate between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New York City.
- Identify rigging equipment and its hazards
- Discuss Common causes of accidents with cranes and Rigging
- Read Loading Charts and Develop skills necessary to understand rigging calculations
- Perform Inspections of Cranes and Ropes
- Identify critical picks and check rigging paperwork
Course Duration: 30 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive 30 Hour Master Rigger course completion certificate. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.