Title of course: 16-HOUR SUSPENDED SCAFFOLD USER
Course Description: To use or work on a Suspended Scaffold in New York City, an individual must successfully complete 16 hours of user training. Note: In addition to completing this training course, individuals who use a Suspended Scaffold may also need to possess a Certificate of Fitness from a licensed rigger or sign hanger material.
Topics include but not limited to:
- Suspended Scaffold Accidents
- Subpart E - Personal Protective Equipment & Life-Saving Equipment (PPE)
- Subpart L - Scaffolds
- Subpart M - Fall Protection
- NYC Construction Codes Overview -
- Suspended Scaffold Use
- Safe Use of Tools
- Safety Hazards
- Hoist, Platform & Rigging Equipment Practices
- Maximum Intended Loads & Capacity Reducing Factors
- Rope, Fall, Knot & Hitch Configurations & Connections
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for the course. Students must speak the language in which the course is given.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to but not limited to:
- Recognize hazards associated with suspended scaffolds,
- Implement hazard correction and mitigation procedures, means and methods.
- Identify NYC DOB laws and OSHA regulations regarding suspended scaffolds as well as comply with these laws.
- Use correct procedure to inspect suspended scaffold equipment.
- Correctly install, operate, and tie off rope scaffold using back hitch and night hitch.
- Implement inspection criteria for wire rope.
- Correctly use and install rigging hardware, Including C-hooks, parapet clamps, and outrigger beam systems.
- Use inspection checklist to inspect scaffold equipment.
- Wear, doff, adjust, use, inspect, and care for personal fall arrest system equipment correctly.
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components which include power point presentations, lecture, real life case studies, class discussion and hands on demonstration. We will provide a student manuals, Hands-on demonstration, and in-class practical exercises.
Course Duration: 16 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a 16-Hour Suspended Scaffold completion picture ID card that will be valid for 4 years. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.