Title of course: 16-Hour Rigging Worker
Course Description: This course is a requirement for an individual – who is not employed by a licensed rigger – to perform rigging or signaling work in conjunction with the hoisting or lowering of articles on the outside of a building with hoisting equipment. In lieu of completing this course, an individual may instead possess a department approved national rigging certification.
Topics include but not limited to:
- Introduction to Rigging
- Crane & Rigging Accidents
- CFR 29 OSHA 1926 Overview
- NYC Construction Codes Overview
- NYC Department of Buildings Overview
- Lifting & Lowering Loads
- Ropes, Knots & Hitches Overview
- Rigging Equipment Overview
- Inspection of Ropes & Rigging Equipment
- Crane and Hoisting Machine Overview
- General Principles of Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment & Fall Arrest Systems
- General Construction Site Hazards
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for the course. Students must speak the language in which the course is given.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to but not limited to:
- Recognize hand signals when performing Rigging operations
- Inspect Ropes & Rigging Equipment
- To perform crane signaling
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components which include power point presentations, lecture, real life case studies, class discussion and hands on demonstration. We will provide a student manuals, Hands-on demonstration, and in-class practical exercises.
Course Duration: 16 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive 16 Hour Rigging Supervisor completion picture ID card that will be valid for 4 years. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
For additional information please contact us at 212-683-7200 or Training@site-safety.com.