8 HOUR - SPECIAL RIGGER LICENSE RENEWALS
COURSE TITLE: 8-HOUR SPECIAL RIGGER RENEWAL
Class Description: This course is a renewal requirement for the holder of a NYC Special Riggers license. NYC Requirement: To renew a New York City Special Rigger license, licensees will need to complete 8 hours of training.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training. It is also recommended that students have experience in rigging operations, supervision and use of suspended scaffold systems.
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components which include power point presentations, lecture, real life case studies, class discussion and hands on demonstration. We will provide a student manuals, Hands-on demonstration, and in-class practical exercises.
- Learn how to navigate the New York City Department of Buildings website to select appropriate Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins and applications.
- Differentiate between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New YorkCity.
- Apply 1 RCNY 104-20, 1 RCNY 104-21, 1 RCNY 104-22
- Identify rigging equipment and its hazards
- Discuss Common causes of accidents with cranes and Rigging
- Identify unsafe conditions in the use of load binders
- Develop emergencies procedures during scaffold incidents
- Inspect rigging hardware and recognize unacceptable conditions
- Explain the proper use and limitations of the various rigging equipment and hardware (wire rope, synthetic slings, shackles, eye bolts, hooks, etc.)
- Explain safe working practices to consider when performing hoisting and rigging.
- State the proper hand signals used during lifting operations.
- Recognize Suspension Methods&Setup
- Calculate Mathematics of rigging, measurement, symbols, geometry, calculations, leverage, friction, fulcrum, center of gravity, uniform and concentrated loading.
Attendance and Course Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive NYC DOB APPROVED 8-HOUR SPECIAL RIGGER RENEWAL Certificate. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
A staff member will be available to students and respond to any of their needs prior to, during, or after each training event. You may contact Maria Diaz Director of Training Development at 212-683-7200 during normal business hours or at 646.369.2311 after hours and on weekends.