8 Hour - Construction Site Fire Safety Manager
8-HOUR FDNY CONSTRUCTION SITE FIRE SAFETY MANAGER (CSFSM)
Course Description: This course includes introduction to the Fire Code and Fire Department Rules, including their organization and terminology, Fire Code construction site provisions (FC Chapter 14 and 3 RCNY Chapter 14), Chapter 14, Section 1408., and all construction site fire safety requirements, as set forth in 3 RCNY 1401(c) Upon conclusion of training, all participants who successfully pass the course exam will receive a certificate of completion and verification letter for Construction Site Fire Safety Manager Training that I required prior to applying for the FDNY exam.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with the instructor in the primary language of the training
Class Materials: This course consists of several different components which include power point presentations, lecture, real life case studies, and class discussion.
Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Evaluate the difference between the, FDNY, Standards, OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of the New York City (NYC) Building Code (BC)
- Determine New York City specific fire safety issues.
- Apply All construction site fire safety requirements, as set forth in 3 RCNY 1401-01(c).
- Identify the construction site fire safety requirements and responsibilities of the fire safety manager
- Apply safe work practices by complying with the Fire Code and Fire Department Rules, including their organization
- NYC Fire Code
- Fire Safety Plans
- Inspections and record keeping
- Training on ﬁre extinguishers
- Testing ﬁre protection equipment
- Hot work requirements
- Construction site provisions and ﬁre safety requirements
- Certiﬁcate of Fitness requirements for Fire Safety Manager
Course Length: 8 hours not including breaks and lunch hour.