30 - Hour Master Rigger
Course Required for: License Qualification
Purpose: This course is a Licensing requirement for all applicants for a Master Rigger license.
NYC Requirement: To apply for a New York Master Rigger license, all applicants must successfully complete 30 hours of training.
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components which include power point presentations, lecture, real life case studies, class discussion and hands on demonstration. We will provide a student manuals, Hands-on demonstration, and in-class practical exercises.
- Learn how to navigate the New York City Department of Buildings website to select appropriate BuildingCodes, New York City Rules, Bulletins andapplications.
- Identify the rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious construction accidents in New YorkCity.
- Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudentdecision-making.
- Differentiate between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New YorkCity.
- Identify rigging equipment and its hazards
- Discuss Common causes of accidents with cranes and Rigging
- Read Loading Charts and Develop skills necessary to understand rigging calculations
- Perform Inspections of Cranes and Ropes
- Identify critical picks and check rigging paperwork
- Introduction to Cranes & Derricks
- Crane & RIGGING Accidents
- CFR 29 OSHA 1926 Overview
- NYC Construction Codes Overview
- NYC Department of Buildings
- NYC Department of Transportation
- NYC Transit Authority Overview
- Basic Building Structure
- Maintenance and Repair of Cranes and Ropes
- Crane Setup
- Reading Plans
- Operating Cranes
- Reading Load Charts
- Lifting & Lowering Loads
- Operational Aids and Safety Devices
- Crane & Derrick Safety Protocols & Emergency Procedures
- Crane Assembly, Jumping & Disassembly
- Rigging Requirements
- General Construction Site Hazards
- NYC Buildings Unsafe Condition (311) Notification Procedure
- NYC/DOI Buildings Integrity Training Contact Information Sheet
- Review all Training Topics Discussion with Questions & Answers
- Written (Multiple Choice) Assessment Classroom
Course taught in conjunction with City Safety Compliance Corp.
CITY SAFETY COMPLIANCE CORP., staff will be available to students and respond to any of their needs prior to, during, or after each training event. You may contact us at Ph. (646) 626-7300 , Fax (646) 626-7370 , M. 646-369-2311 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org